Super easy nutritious lunch in a cup! Great for days when I dont know what to eat and don't have much of an appetite (not often haha). Can be treated as a mid day snack too!
WHAT I USE:
- big handful of frozen banana pieces (previously cut up)
- small handful of mixed nuts
- spoonful of chia seeds
- spoonful of cacao powder (not coco powder)
- handful of spinach
Blend up and enjoy! I topped mine off with strawberries and hemp seeds.
WHY I USE:
- bananas: I like the taste, they thicken the smoothie, are great for digestion and you can find a ton more reasons why bananas are great here.
- nuts: instead of using peanut butter (which you can), I opted for a nut blend today because 1) I am almost out of peanut butter, and 2) more benefits with a nut variety
- chia seeds: chia seeds are great because they hold water which keeps you hydrated for longer, they also have a good amount of fiber, protein and good fats. Find out more here.
- cacao powder: 1) makes it taste like chocolate, 2) and for some health benefits like decreased inflammation, improved heart and brain health, blood sugar and weight control and healthy teeth and skin. -healthline
- spinach: get your dark leafy greens in!!
- water: hydration and needs liquid to mix the smoothie, can also use almond milk but water is free and tastes just as good!
- strawberries: for extra sweetness/flavor and health benefits from the fruit like vitamin C and fibers.
- hemp seeds: great protein source for vegetarians, so I load these into smoothies and salads all the time.